Announcement about launching the public consultations on the Environmental Impact Assessment Report for the targeted activity on construction of Khmelnitskyi NPP Unit 3 and Unit 4
about launching public consultations/hearings on the Environmental Impact Analysis Report
We would like to announce about launching the public consultations on the Environmental Impact Analysis (EIA) Report for the targeted activity described in section 1 herein, in order to identify, collect and take into account public comments and suggestions regarding the targeted activity.
1. Targeted Activity
Construction of SS “Khmelnitskyi NPP” Units 3 and 4, each rated ~1000 MW and equipped with a European-made reactor installation of VVER-1000 to be compliant with all requirements of Ukrainian regulations and standards of the International Atomic Energy Agency (the IAEA). The total area of a land lot is 14.8 ha with a build-up area of 4.5 ha, the controlled access area and the radiation monitoring area extending to a radius of 2.7 km and 30 km around NPP, respectively.
The location where the targeted activity is to be implemented: the existing industrial site of SS “Khmelnitskyi NPP”, which is close to the town of Netishyn, situated north-west of the Slavutskyi district (raion) in Khmelnitsky region (oblast), 18 km west of the town of Slavuta serving as the administrative center of the Slavutskyi district, and 100 km north of the Khmelnitskiy city, regional administrative center.
2. Economic Entity
State Enterprise “National Nuclear Energy Generating Company ‘Energoatom”
USREOU Code 24584661
3 Nazarivska Street, Kyiv 01032, Ukraine; phone/fax: +38 (044) 277-78-83
3. Authorized agency to ensure the conduct of public consultations
Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources of Ukraine
35 Mytropolyt Vasyl Lypkivskiy Street, Kyiv 03035; +38 (044) 206-31-74, +38 (044) 206-31-01
4. Procedure for making a decision about carrying out the targeted activity and the agency authorized to review outcomes of the environmental impact assessment.
In accordance with Article 2 of the Ukrainian Law “On Decision Making Procedure for Siting, Design, Construction of Nuclear Installations and Facilities for Radioactive Waste Management of National Importance”, a decision on the targeted activity performance which implies a decision on siting, design, construction of nuclear installations and facilities for radioactive waste management of national importance, is passed by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine through adopting a relevant law on siting, design and construction of a nuclear installation or facility for radioactive waste management of national importance.
5. Timeframe, period and procedure for public consultations/hearings on the EIA report, including the information on the time and venues of all public hearings.
The public consultations will continue for 30 working days (not less than 25, and not more than 35 working days) once the announcement is officially published (as indicated in the title of an announcement) and the public access is provided to the EIA report and other supplemental information, which is specified by the economic entity for submission in order to get a conclusion on the environmental impact assessment.
During the public consultation period, the public is entitled to submit any comments and suggestions, which, from the public perspective, concern the targeted activity, without giving any substantiation or justification. Comments and suggestions may be submitted in writing (e.g., electronically) and orally during public consultations and are recorded in protocols of public consultations/hearings. Suggestions submitted after the deadlines will not be reviewed.
Public hearings will be held on:
11.02.2019, at 10:00 am; Khmelnitsky 29005, Independence Square, House of Councils (Budynok Rad), small meeting room;
12.02.2019, at 11:00am; Rivne 33000, 1 Prosvity Square (Maidan Prosvity), Rivne Regional State Administration’s premises, room # 201;
13.02.2019, at 13:00; Ternopil 46002, 6 Mykhailo Grushevsky Street, Administrative building, room # 329;
14.02.2019, 11:00am; Zhytomyr 10001, 12 Sergiy Korolyov Square, Administrative building, Floor 1 conference room;
15.02.2019, 11:00am; Vinnitsa 21000, 15-a Soborna Street, Vinnitsa Regional State Administration’s premises, Department of agricultural development, ecology and natural resources, Floor 5 conference room;
18.02.2019, at 11:00am; Chernivtsi 58000, 1 Mykhailo Grushevskiy Street, Chernivtsi Regional State Administration’s premises, small meeting room (room # 301);
19.02.2019, 12:00; Kyiv 02000, 35 Mytropolyt Vasyl Lypkivskiy Street, Aarhus Informational and Training Center (at the premises of the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources of Ukraine);
20.02.2019, 12:00; Lutsk 43027, 9 Kyivskyi Square, Volyn Regional State Administration’s premises (oval conference hall);
21.02.2019, 11:00; Ivano-Frankivsk 76000, 21 Mykhailo Grushevsky Street, Ivano-Frankivsk Regional State Administration’s building, Floor 1 conference room.
Moreover, from January through February 2019 several expert consultations are expected to be held with participation of affected countries (the Republic of Austria, the Republic of Belarus, the Polish Republic) in the context of transboundary procedure for environmental impact assessment.
6. Authorized central agency or an authorized local agency that provides access to the report on environmental impact assessment and other available information on the targeted activity
Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources of Ukraine, 35 Mytropolyt Vasyl Lypkivskiy Street,
Kyiv 03035; +38 (044) 206-20-89, + 38 (044) 206-31-40
7. Authorized central agency or an authorized local agency that receives comments and suggestions; and deadlines for submitting comments and suggestions
Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources of Ukraine, 35 Mytropolyt Vasyl Lipkivskiy Street,
Kyiv 03035; + 38 (044) 206-20-89, +38 (044) 206-31-40
Comments and suggestions will be accepted throughout the whole period of public consultations/hearings as specified in the second paragraph of section 5 of this announcement.
8. Available environmental information on the targeted activity
Report on the environmental Impact assessment for the targeted activity (476 pages).
9. Location or locations (other than the location specified in section 6 of this announcement) where the environmental Impact assessment (EIA) report as well as other supplemental information have been made available; and the date from which the public can get acquainted with these materials.
1. Information Center, SS Khmelnitsky NPP, 6 Lisova Street, Netishyn, Khmelnitsky region 30100
Contact person: Tetiana Stepanivna Lysytchuk, Head of Public and Media Relations Section
Phone: (03848) 6-37-13
2. EIA Section, Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources of Ukraine, 35 Mytropolyt Vasyl Lypkivskiy Street, Kyiv 03035
Contact person: Marina Olexandrivna Shimkus, Head of EIA Section, phone (044) 206-20-89, (044) 206-31-40
3.Ivano-Frankivsk Regional State Administration’s premises, 21 Mykhailo Grushevsky Street, Ivano-Frankivsk 76000
Contact person: Lyubov Vasyliyvna Romaniv, Head of Organizational Section - Deputy Chief Administrator of the Regional Council, phone: (0342) 78-42-15
4. Rivne Regional Council’ s premises, 1 Prosvity Square, Rivne 33013;
Contact person: Oksana Sergiyivna Dukach, Secretary, phone (0362) 62-03-64
5. Chernivtsi Regional Council’s premises, 1 Mykhailo Grushevsky Street, Chernivtsi 58010;
Contact person: Mykola Yaroslavovych Borets, phone: (0372) 55-30-75
6. Zhytomyr Regional Council’s premises, 1 Sergiy Korolyov Square, Zhytomyr 10014
Contact person: Nataliya Vasylivna Shevchenko (clerical office), phone (0412) 43-21-38
7. Vinnitsa Regional Council’ s premises, 70 Soborna Street, Vinnitsa 21050;
Contact person: Oleg Pavlovych Romanets, Head of Organizational Support Department, phone (0432) 61-15-32
8. Volyn Regional Council’s premises, 9 Kyivskyi Square, Lutsk 43027
Contact person: Olexandr Olexandrovyh Liashko, Deputy Chief Administrator – Head of Section, phone (0332) 77-81-03
9. Ternopil Regional Council’ s premises, 8 Mykhailo Grushevsky Street, Ternopil 46000
Contact person: Volodymyr Vasyliovych Zakharchuk, phone (0352) 63-30-27